Are you getting an unexplained AccessDenied error when calling the GetObject operation when trying to copy a file from an S3 bucket on an EC2 instance even though the assigned role has the s3:GetObject permission? It could be that your bucket/file is encrypted with AWS-KMS.
Hi, I'm Ian Collington.
I’m a freelance/contract full stack software developer based in Northamptonshire, England.
Experienced freelance full-stack developer with over twenty years of experience in the Java technology stack. Experienced working in an agile environment working on legacy systems as well as greenfield. Proficient with mentoring and supporting team members and driving code quality through best practice. Advocates the development of clean, well-tested maintainable code. Experienced working in a DevOps environment and performing DevOps duties such as CI/CD or creating Infrastructure-as-Code. Proficient in quickly learning new technologies as required.
- Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate • AWS Certified Developer Associate
- Architectures: REST • Microservices • Event driven architecture
- Technologies: AWS • Docker • Kubernetes
- Frameworks: Spring • Spring Boot • Camel • Hibernate • JUnit • Mockito
- Methodologies: Scrum • Kanban • TDD • DevOps • CI/CD
- Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC): AWS CloudFormation • Terraform
- Tools: Maven • Git • GitHub • Jira • Jenkins (JCASC) • Helm
I can be hired, outside IR35 only, via my limited company, Yobibyte Solutions.